HeadtoHelp for mental health support
Murray PHN’s first two HeadtoHelp mental health hubs opened on Monday, 14 September 2020, in Bendigo and Wodonga through our partners Bendigo Community Health Services and Gateway Health. On 14 December, a HeadtoHelp service was also established in Mildura through Sunraysia Community Health Services.
Anyone who lives in the Murray PHN region and who is struggling with the impact of COVID on their lives, can access free mental health support by calling 1800 595 212 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For people living outside of our region click here for a full list of hubs around Victoria.
HeadtoHelp services were set up as a state-wide service by Victoria’s six Primary Health Networks, to offer clinical advice, referral and wraparound care for Victorians struggling to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
HeadtoHelp services are needs-based and recovery-focused. They support people in mental health distress with access to multidisciplinary teams of mental health workers, including psychologists, mental health nurses, social workers, and alcohol and drug workers.
The development of HeadtoHelp followed concerns over rising incidents of self-harm, and a spike in the use of services like Beyond Blue, Lifeline and Kids Helpline by Victorians.*
Murray PHN CEO, Matt Jones says the services provide additional mental health capability to help Victorians find the right mental health service for their needs. HeadtoHelp provides onsite support for those who need it, along with telehealth for anyone across our region.
“Our focus is to provide help for people who need support with their mental health, often for the first time in their lives,” he said. “HeadtoHelp works closely with existing providers including GPs and hospitals, referring people to more intensive mental health care or social supports if they need that level of help.”
The Australian Government announced $26.9m of new funding to establish 15 dedicated mental health clinics (hubs) across Victoria on 17 August. The HeadtoHelp network has since grown and is available in more than 20 locations.
Digital resources for sharing
During the first wave of the pandemic, families around the world expressed solidarity by placing teddy bears in windows. In phase two of the HeadtoHelp campaign, we're asking people to #SharetheBear to show their support for people in need of mental health care.
- A4 poster: Feeling lonely
- A4 poster: Feeling uncertain
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Arabic
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Chinese Simplified
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Dari
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Dinka
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Karen
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Greek
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Hindi
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Italian
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Punjabi
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Somali
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Turkish
- A4 poster: HeadtoHelp generic - Vietnamese
- A4 poster Job worries
- Social media content calendar
- Social media post: Feeling anxious?
- Social media post: Feeling lonely?
- Social media post: Feeling sad?
- Social media post: Feeling stressed?
- Social media post: Feeling uncertain?
- Social media post: Job worries?
- Social media post: HeadtoHelp generic - Arabic
- Social media post: HeadtoHelp generic - Chinese Simplified
- Social media post: HeadtoHelp generic - Chinese Traditional
- Social media post: HeadtoHelp generic - Vietnamese
- DL brochure: HeadtoHelp generic
- Video: HeadtoHelp generic - contact us for a link or visit our Facebook page
- Video: Feeling lonely - contact us
- Video: Money stress - contact us
- Email signature (GIF): HeadtoHelp generic
- Website banner: HeadtoHelp generic
- Webpage header: HeadtoHelp generic
- Webtile: HeadtoHelp generic
If you need assistance with any of these files, would like crop-mark versions for professional printing, or vertical videos please email firstname.lastname@example.org