My Health Record
Upcoming My Health Record events for allied health professionals
Allied health professionals can attend a free breakfast networking event (7.30-9am), while also learning more about Murray PHN and the My Health Record. Click below to RSVP:
My Health Record information for healthcare providers
The Federal Government announced in the 2017 Budget a commitment to continue to expand the My Health Record system.
On 22 February 2019, it was announced that 9 out of 10 Australians now have a My Health Record following the conclusion of the opt-out period.
Positive behaviour change as a result of My Health Record is what drives benefits realisation. The Australian Digital Health Agency is working closely with a range of stakeholders to implement a range of programs to support these changes and to measure benefits of the My Health Record system.
The key benefits of the My Health Record system are:
- Avoid adverse drug events
- Enhanced patient self-management
- Improvements in patient outcomes
- Reduce time gathering information
- Avoided duplication of services.
The My Health Record website has information for healthcare professionals on how to register and set-up your practice to the system, how to view and upload information, how to support consumers with questions about privacy and security and a range of tools and training modules. Please visit www.myhealthrecord.gov.au to learn more.
An introductory overview
Privacy, security and legislation
- Privacy and security information for healthcare providers
- Information security guide for small healthcare businesses
- Healthcare providers' legislative and procedural obligations
- My Health Record in general practice
- Getting started with digital health
- General practice and using My Health Record
- My Health Record and ePIP - overview and tips
- Tracking your My Health Record Shared Health Summaries uploads using CAT4
- Improve your data quality for 'active' patients
- Shared Health Summary vs Event Summary
- My Health Record in community pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia - Digital Hub
- The Pharmacy Guild of Australia - digital health resources
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Self directed training
Recorded educational webinars
Clinical software and provider portal demonstrations
News and information
If you would subscribe to our monthly newsletter for general practice, pharmacy, allied health and medical specialists click here. To see previous editions click below.
- Edition 12 | Have your say on the national Roadmap
- Edition 11 | Events for allied health professionals
- Edition 10 | 9 out of 10 Australians will have a My Health Record
- Edition 9 | Register for a My Health Record webinar
- Edition 8 | What Murray Health Voices told us about My Health Record
- Edition 7 | Further legislative amendments
- Edition 6 | Senate inquiry makes recommendations
- Edition 5 | Informing Murray PHN communities
- Edition 4 | Every Australian to get a record
- Edition 3 | Local events a success
- Edition 2 | Patient opt-out announced
- Edition 1 | Introduction to My Health Record
For further help
- Digital Health Provider Contacts
- My Health Record helpline 1800 723 471
- If you can't find what you are looking for, or if you need help implementing My Health Record at your practice email email@example.com
- Murray PHN would like to thank South Eastern Melbourne PHN for sharing their My Health Record resources.