Murray PHN's strategic health priorities include the health issues that have the greatest impact on the lives of our community such as mental health. To learn more about mental health in our region, click here to read the Murray Health Report.
Funded mental health services
Primary mental health services | Services funded by Murray PHN fall into two broad categories: Psychological Therapy Services (PTS) and Primary Mental Health Clinical Care Coordination (PMHCCC). Click here to learn more, including for local referral criteria, forms and guidelines.
Psychosocial Recovery Services | Psychosocial support is a term used to describe programs and activities which are designed to support people with severe mental illness and associated psychosocial disability to achieve their recovery goals. Click here to learn more and to access local referral details and guidelines.
headspace | People aged 12 - 25 and their families can receive a range of supports, including for alcohol and other drugs, mental, physical and sexual health and employment, school or study support. Local centres are located in Albury Wodonga, Bendigo, Echuca, Mildura, Shepparton, Swan Hill and Wangaratta. Click here to learn more.
Head to Health | Anyone who may be struggling with the impacts of the COVID pandemic, can access free mental health help by calling 1800 595 212 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday or in person including locally in Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton, Seymour and Wodonga, Click here for more information.
Suicide prevention | In partnership with the Victorian Government, Murray PHN is delivering place-based suicide prevention strategies in Mildura and Benalla. Click here to learn more.
Together foundation plan | Murray PHN and Local Health Networks have developed a foundation plan together, for a regional approach to mental health, alcohol and other drugs and suicide prevention. Click here to learn more.
Other support services available
- Lifeline provides 24-hour crisis counselling, support groups and suicide prevention services. Call 13 11 14.
- Beyond Blue provides 24/7 support via phone as well as support online, via email or online forums. Call 1300 224 636.
- Suicide Call Back Service provides 24/7 support if you or someone you know is feeling suicidal. Call 1300 659 467.
- headtohealth is an online gateway funded by the Australian Government that can help you find free and low-cost, trusted phone and online mental health resources.
- Ambulance (000) If you need urgent help, call triple zero.