Alcohol and drug use pathways
Local subject matter experts have helped to review our Alcohol and Drug Use pathways to align with Victoria's real-time prescription monitoring system, SafeScript.
SafeScript requirements will come into effect from April 2020, when it will be mandatory to check SafeScript prior to writing or dispensing a prescription for medicine monitored through the system.
Medicines monitored in SafeScript include opioid painkillers, medicines for anxiety, sleeping tablets, stimulants for ADHD or narcolepsy and other high-risk medicines.
To access the pathways below, you must be registered and logged in. If you live in the Murray PHN region and are not yet registered, click here to register for free.
Alcohol and Drug Use Pathways
- Alcohol Screening and Brief Intervention
- Alcohol Withdrawal
- Benzodiazepine Dependence and withdrawal
- Cannabis Use
- Drug Seeking Behaviours
- Opioid Dependence
- Medications Assisted treatment of Opioid Dependence (MATOD)
- Opioid Pharmacotherapy Dispensing - Information for Pharmacists
- Prescribing Naloxone
- Psychostimulant Use
- Drug and Alcohol Support
- Drug and Alcohol Referrals
Related Other Drug Pathways