Accredited nurse immuniser training program
Call for expression of interest (EOI) to participate
Murray PHN is pleased to offer fully funded registrations to support Registered Nurses (Division 1) working in community and primary health care in the Murray PHN region, to complete the Immunisation Endorsement Program inclusive of the course in Immunisation Practice in Primary Healthcare (1074NAT), delivered by the Benchmarque Group (RTO. 21824).
Applicants, must be employed within the Murray PHN region and:
- be a Registered Nurse (Division 1) working in community and primary health care within the Murray PHN region
- have a current AHPRA registration
- be able to complete 110 hours of independent study and a full day face to face workshop by 31 Dec 2021.
Expressions of interest close 5pm Friday, 21 May 2021.
Any queries related to the EOI can be sent to e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivered by The Benchmarque Group, the HESA accredited course has been designed for students who want the ability to immunise independent of a medical officer.
Components of the learning include:
- explore the Foundations of Immunisation Practice Online learning
- explore the Practice of Immunisation - Online learning, workshop and workplace activities
- endorsement Unit - Online learning specific to State based jurisdictional requirements
Successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment for the course in Immunisation Practice in Primary Healthcare (1074NAT) and a Certificate of Clinical Competency.
The course in Immunisation Practice in Primary Healthcare (1074NAT) is designed to provide Registered Nurses (Division 1) with the specific knowledge and skills that will enable them to perform a range of comprehensive immunisation services and remain up-to-date with current programs, changes, and requirements relevant to their scope of practice.
Successful completion of the Immunisation Endorsement Program will provide nurses with the authority to immunise independently of a medical officer and be recognised as a nurse immuniser according to HESA accreditation.
For more information on The Benchmarque Group’s Immunisation pathways:
COVID-19 vaccination program
Authorised nurse immunisers will be a vital part of the COVID-19 vaccination program upon completing the additional Department of Health training.