To help improve service delivery and quality of palliative and end-of-life care in primary care settings, we’re developing a quality improvement toolkit with Gippsland PHN and Western Victoria PHN.
- Support the implementation of a data-driven regionally focused Palliative Care Quality Improvement (QI) strategy in general practice
- Be part of the change! Clinical panel members will review and develop system improvement strategies, helping general practices in using data-auditing for tailored and timely palliative care response to patient needs
- Connect: an opportunity to work in collaboration with a specialist team and other regional Victorian palliative care leaders in supporting communities to have a better end-of-life journey.
- Provide locally relevant subject matter expertise, advice and recommendations on aged and palliative care needs. In one panel consultation workshop (two-hour duration), review QI model and collateral developed as part of the Regional Victorian PHN Palliative Care QI in General Practice project
- Be available to review project toolkits and collateral between workshops, including any potential new edits
- Share challenges and identify solutions in relation to the planning and implementation of activities in the target populations
- Connect and leverage existing partnerships/collaborations with relevant stakeholders who can potentially support measuring implementation in respective PHN catchments.
To assist us in this work, we're seeking general practice staff, specialist palliative care practitioners, geriatricians and Aboriginal health workers who have experience or interest in palliative care to be part of a clinical advisory panel.
Requirement to apply: Providers with aged, palliative care and/or QI methodology experience practising in Gippsland PHN, Murray PHN or Western Victorian PHN catchments.
- General practice
- Practice Nurse or Registered Nurse or Practice Manager
- Specialist palliative care
- Specialist palliative care doctor or nurse
- Aboriginal health
- ACCHO Manager OR Aboriginal Health Worker
- Subject Matter Expert*
- GP special interest in palliative care or end-of-life care in a primary care setting.
*Financial remuneration available for participation
How to apply
For more information and to apply, visit: https://forms.office.com/r/Jz7RVYsN0T
Expressions of interest close on Wednesday 15 March.
Page last updated 8 March 2023