Living with COVID-19 Enhanced PPE Request
On 29 October 2021, the Australian Government announced the $180 million Living with COVID-19 Primary Care Package to strengthen and support primary care to manage mild and moderate COVID-19 patients in the community.
Enhanced PPE for GPs ACCHOs and GPRCs
An expanded program is providing PPE items intended to support approximately four weeks of face-to-face patient consultations available to all:
- GPs, ACCHOs and GPRCs willing to manage COVID positive patients face-to-face, until 31 December 2022
- ACCHOs and rural and remote GPs willing to manage COVID-positive patients virtually and respiratory patients face-to-face, where workforce capacity is limited and the GP is serving the community for most or all health needs, until 31 December 2022
- All GPs and GPRCs willing to manage COVID positive people virtually, and respiratory patients face-to-face, until 31 December 2022
Health professionals will be required to certify that they are not receiving free PPE from other sources and to ensure that clinics are not stockpiling, or accessing multiple sources of free PPE. Monitoring of PPE volumes will be checked against healthdirect and MBS data caseload data.
**Final orders need to be submitted by prior to 5pm on 14 December 2022.**
Enhanced PPE items include (which can be ordered individually):
- RACGP home-care guidelines for patients with COVID-19
- Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare (2021)
- The Communicable Diseases Network Australian (CDNA) series of National Guidelines
Enhanced PPE bundles for pharmacy
Community pharmacists who are administering COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses, until 31 December 2022 are eligible to order enhanced PPE bundles.
Enhanced PPE bundles contain:
Page last updated: 21 November 2022