Suicide is complex, multi-faceted, and can have lasting impacts across communities.
Through the Commonwealth Government's Targeted Regional Initiatives for Suicide Prevention, Murray PHN offered grants for projects aimed at reducing the impact and incidence of suicide.
Applications for grant amounts of up $10,000, $50,000 and $150,000 were available to local community groups, organisations and service providers to deliver projects in line with the Black Dog Institute's Lifespan Framework.
Interested parties were invited to submit a proposal through Murray PHN's e-tendering website, eProcure (https://app.eprocure.com.au/murrayphn).
Tender submissions closed at 3pm on Monday 4 December 2023. Thank you to all who applied. Applications are now being evaluated and applicants will be notified in due course.
If you need support:
If you are in an emergency or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, please contact emergency services on 000. Other services include:
- Lifeline, 24/7 crisis support. Call 13 11 14 or text 0477 131 114
- Beyond Blue, 24/7 mental health support service. Call 1300 22 4636
- Suicide Call Back Service, 24/7 crisis support and counselling service for people affected by suicide. Call 1300 659 467
- 13YARN, 24/7 crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Call 13 92 76
- QLife, LGBTQIA+ support. Call 1800 184 527 (3pm to midnight only).
Page last updated 5 December 2023.